While it’s been a quiet year for the fashion world, this season has unveiled seriously bold and stylish designs. Large and in-charge blazers, bold blue bags, and sleek face masks dominated Fashion World. This year, some of the most influential decades have played a huge role in this season’s looks. We’re loving every single one of them, and you can see why. From Paris to Milan, find serious style inspiration with the top fashion trends spotted at SS21 Fashion Weeks.
1. Oversized Shoulderpad Boyfriend Jackets – Create a long line silhouette and play with shapes with an 80s-inspired oversized boyfriend blazer. With the help of shoulder pads, this outerwear cinches in your waist and elongates your legs.
2. Black Face Masks – When it comes to protecting yourself, you may as well do it beautifully. These sleek black face masks match almost any outfit you wear, and they offer great coverage for your nose and mouth. Opt for a silky fabric for easier breathing or choose something with embellishments if you’re feeling fancy.
3. Head Scarfs – Taking inspiration from the 50s and the 60s, this sleek fashion trend is coming back in a big way. Headscarves protect your hair and add a finishing touch to your outfit without overdoing it.
4. Sorbet Pastel Tones – Another trend that has continued to dominate this year has been pastel tones. These sorbet-inspired colors are the perfect option for summer and they suit a wide variety of skin tones.
5. Yellow Bags – This season yellow bags have taken over the runways and the streets. This trend is easy to replicate and it is timeless – choose a small clutch to spice up an outfit or find a mustard tote for your daily needs.
6. Folk Inspired Coats – Go all out this season with these beautiful and intricate folk-inspired coats. When the temperature starts to drop, add some layers of delicate embroidery and lace to keep your outfit hot.
7. White Knee High Boots – Swing it back to the ’60s with this classic gogo dancers inspired item of footwear – white knee-high boots. Taking its inspiration from the Youth Revolution in the mid-century, this Nancy Sinatra-approved look is a chic way to elevate your outfit
8. Yellow and Camel Color Styling – Keep it neutral with yellow and camel color styling – the trend taken from the 70s has gotten a serious facelift. Mixing and matching these shades adds dimension and depth to your ensembles, no matter the clothes you prefer to wear.
9. Pop Blue Accessories – Why blend in when you were born to stand out? Add a pop of blue to your monochrome outfit to update your go-to outfits.
10. Fringing on the Bags – When it’s time to make a statement, let your handbag do the talking. This season, one of the biggest looks we’ve seen is the fringing on the bags.