Unforgettable Experience to get your friends and family together and see London light up for the new year, with parties, fireworks, cruises and more on New Year’s Eve in London. Take a look below for ideas of things to do: from the New Year fireworks and special New Year’s Eve day events, to dazzling meals and parties lasting into the early hours of 2020.
The New Year’s Eve Fireworks light up central London every New Year’s Eve with a dazzling spectacle of pyrotechnics.
NYE cruises with views of the fireworks:
• Choose a magical cruise on the Thames, where you can watch the NYE fireworks and enjoy live entertainment as you welcome 2020.
• Watch the London NYE fireworks from the river on one of city Cruises New Year’s Eve cruises –you can choose from dinner cruises, speedboat rides, traditional boat trips with champagne and live music, and even dinner in the R.S. Hispaniola ship, moored opposite the London Eye.
• Take a thrilling speedboat ride with Thames Rockets, before cruising back to central London in time to see the firework show. Or tuck into a celebration hamper including bubbly on a Thamesjets speedboat as you watch sky light
Other ways to see London’s New Year’s Eve fireworks:
• Party through the decades at the Southbank Centre’s New Year’s Eve Spectacular. Take a breather from dancing and enjoy prime views of the London fireworks from the outdoor spaces.
• Treat yourself to an unforgettable London NYE at The Rooftop with free flowing champagne and delicious food, plus views of Trafalgar Square and the fireworks.
• Feast on scallops and beef wellington at the legendary Savoy Grill before making the most of riverside views as the sky erupts at midnight.
• See the skyline sparkle from the riverside restaurant at Sea Containers hotel, or head to the rooftop and party with live music and an open bar at 12th Knot.
London restaurants for New Year’s Eve dining
• Savour venison loin with a cold glass of champagne while enjoying the 1920s theme at St Pancras Brasserie & Champagne Bar by Searcys.
• Feast on five fabulous courses at Coq D’Argent, the sophisticated French fare on offer includes a ballotine of foie gras and yellow fin tuna.
• After a stroll past the twinkling lights of Marylebone Village, dine on seven sumptuous courses in the elegant room of Orrery.
• Find and book a restaurant for New Year’s Eve.
New Year’s Eve clubs and parties
• Dance in front of spectacular views of the fireworks, cocktail in hand, with the Party at The Shard.
• Ring in 2020 under the blue whale at the Natural History Museum with the Creatures of the Night party, featuring musical bingo, mask making and lot of UV paint.
• Be transported to Times Square with the New Year’s Eve Ball at Battersea Evolution. The themed party pays homage to the Big Apple with dodgems and speakeasy bars.
• Dress to impress in a dazzling gold outfit at New Year at the Gold Mansion. Be dazzled by fire shows and aerial performers.
• Channel the spirit of 1960s Hong Kong nightlife with Bun House’s basement NYE Party. Dance to surf rock and nestle in a velvet booth to snack on steamed buns.
• Get your skates on and head to the NYE Bash at Skylight’s rooftop bar, complete with an ice rink and bookable igloos to nestle in.
• Hit five NYE parties in one night with Zoo Bar’s New Year’s Eve Pub Crawl, including a glass of bubbly when the clock strikes 12.
• Get ready for a weird and wonderful night with Astroworld NYE at Concrete in Shoreditch. Expect plenty of bashment, afrobeats and hip hop tunes.
New Year’s Eve shows and concerts
• Enjoy an evening of classical music from the Johann Strauss Orchestra with the Viennese New Year’s Eve Gala at the Barbican.
• Watch top comedians at the New Year’s Eve Comedy Carnival and start the New Year with a wide grin on your face..
• Take in the magic of The Nutcracker as the Birmingham Royal Ballet return to the Royal Albert Hall.
• Grab a glass of bubbly and enter a subversive world filled with circus and cabaret with La Clique’s NYE Spectacular.