There’s plenty of time to get planning ahead of the festive season. This year, there are a wide range of themes from the traditional to the fantastical, and everything in between. John Lewis’ Lead Christmas Buyer, Lisa Cherry said in a release that this year’s themes, “are a celebration of local living, highlighting the importance of community in towns and villages and the shared social moments of daily life though meeting, greeting and eating.”
John Lewis Christmas decoration trends 2022:
1. Night Life –There’s nothing quite like the festive nights out of the party season, which was the inspiration behind this jewel-toned theme. Decorations embrace the joy of live events with shiny juke box and record player baubles. Etched cocktail coupes in glowing hues and a glitterball decoration will really bring the party atmosphere to life
2. Santa’s Rainbow Workshop Have fun with this vibrant trend which is inspired by children’s unlimited imaginations. Opt for bright and bold hues in every colour of the rainbow. Toy themed baubles like a teddy bear and robot are fun additions for the tree, decked with multi-colour string lights, of course. Stand-alone neon and light up decorations are also a fun way to embrace the trend.
- Jolly General Store –This look is a little more traditional with classic red and white decorations featuring a Scandi twist. The theme is influenced by the ideal of a traditional general store which offers everything from groceries to postal services.To create this style in your home, dress a full green tree with warm lights and quirky felt toadstool baubles. For the table, lay out Nordic print dinnerware with co-ordinating crackers.
- Community Garden– Taking the lead from local allotments, this trend embraces nature with plenty of natural green and copper tones.Opt for natural-looking wreaths and garlands and animal-themed decorations, such as a pheasant or an owl. Adding bronze-coloured leaves to your tree will also create a stand-out display.
- Winter Fayre – This snowy white trend is inspired by a family trip to a traditional winter fayre, featuring metallic tones and pops of traditional cherry red. Decorations in the selection include a classic Father Christmas Bauble, a frosted white faux Christmas tree and golden tumblers.
For John Lewis Christmas please shop:https://www.johnlewis.com/christmas/c5000025